Subject: 40-hour Tactical Team Operations
Instructor(s): Jack Nevils
Price: Contact us for pricing
Prerequisite: Basic SWAT School or Equivalent
DESCRIPTION: This course trains officers in proven principles for small teams to conduct effective and practical clearing operations in urban environments using the organic equipment of the hosting organization. The safe and professional application of weapons employment is integrated in all phases of the progressive training starting with dry weapons employment, static range drills, dynamic range drills, and close quarters tactics in an urban setting.
The course begins with reinforcing individual officer skills in the application of their organic equipment and weapon systems to close-quarters operations. These skills are quickly integrated into a principle based systematic approach to close quarters operations that equips the team to adapt its training to whatever urban environment they find themselves in. This training is not a technique based system; but rather, it is a principle based approach to training the team’s minds to focus on the critical factors for prevailing in the unknown and ever-changing urban landscape.
This training is essential and adaptable for a singleton officer showing up to a domestic violence call, two officers responding to an active shooter situation, or for a tactical team conducting an operation.
- Professional integration of pistol and carbine for close quarters operations
- Apply principles for clearing rooms as an individual and a member of a small team
- Apply principles for clearance for opposing threats in an urban setting
- Demonstrate ability to acquire and deal with immediate threats in close quarters
- Demonstrate ability to safely restrain suspects in an integrated weapons environment
- Apply principle of entry when breaching a door (bullets shoot thru doors)
- Apply principles of negotiating hallways and stairwells
- Understand and apply principles barrier penetration / breaching of common doors
- Apply principles to clear large structures (movie theaters, factories, warehouses, big box stores, etc..)
·Copy of department’s SWAT/Tactical Team Qualifications, Deployment and Engagement Policy
·Tactical Gear –Department Assigned Patrol Rifle with sling, pistol, holster and 3 magazines and magazine pouches for both weapons
·Protection for eyes and ears
·Ammo – Pistol-450 rnds. & Rifle-800rnds. per officer
(Factory loaded ammunition only)
(No re-loaded ammunition allowed)
·Inclement weather gear
·Hat (for sun)
SSGT TRAINERS: Our trainers are former Special Forces (Green Beret) Operators who have served as instructors and Program Managers at the JFK Special Warfare Center’s Special Forces Hostage Rescue and Sniper School. These operators have years of real world application in diverse combat environments conducting and refining the principles and skills taught in this course. The collective lessons learned during these experiences were used by our trainers to rewrite training doctrine and Programs of Instruction for Special Operations Forces. Our trainers have trained and successfully led thousands of U.S. And indigenous forces in countless counter terrorism operations during the Global War on Terrorism.